Monday, December 8, 2014

Thirty Minutes of Long Lasting Memories by Joselena Cordero Canas

The anticipation grew immensely as the day approached. Friday, November 7th, 2014, would be the day I would be witnessing my favorite band perform live at the Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona. There would be a thrilling night waiting upon all the fans. I will be reviewing the singers, the songs and the overall experience.
As the sun began to set, thousands of people stood in line for hours, anxiously waiting to proceed into the arena. The line was outrageously long, but the wait was well worth it. Although there was a multitude of artists performing, Hillsong United, originally from Sydney, Australia was the main band performing. Once everyone entered the arena, the countdown for Hillsong’s performance began.
During the performance, I was in complete awe with their astounding talents. A sensation of excitement and joy filled my inner being as they began to play their first song: Relentless. The stage lights shun upon them as Taya Smith, the main singer, began to sing their number one hit from the American Billboard Christian Songs chart in 2013; Oceans. This is personally my favorite song of all time. The melody and the message behinds it makes this song highly significant. Not only is this song, along with all their other songs, made to worship the Savior but it also tells people to go into the unknown even though they may fail because the Lord will always be beside them. It was remarkable seeing thousands of people coming together at the concert with the same purpose; to worship the Lord.
As the performance continued, I watched as the audience sang along loudly to each and every song, making the experience unremarkable. Everyone, including myself, was singing their heart out as a way to praise the Lord. It amazed me how perfectly everyone sang together, all in one harmony. People raised their hands high as another way to praise and worship the Lord. It was unbelievable how many hands were up in the air, praising the Lord. This moment was unforgettable.
Once the night came to an end, I was more than satisfied with the performance I watched and the blessing I received. The atmosphere was incredible, along with the performances. Seeing everyone’s smile after the show made me believe they were satisfied and blessed. Some artists were out in the lobby signing their autographs and taking pictures. Hillsong, however, was not which was quite saddening. But besides that, I was pleased with what they showed on stage. I was left with pictures, videos and memories that would last a lifetime.
The “Winter Jam”, as they call it, was a stupendous experience. It comes around every year, once a year. This was my first year going and it exceeded my expectations. The singers were phenomenal, the songs were enjoyable and the overall experience was superb. I highly recommend for one to attend this yearly event at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment